24.8.12

KitKat Review: バニラアイス味



I found this package of 4 mini kitkat bars in the conbini one morning last month and got rather excited. A new summer flavor! Yay! They're バニラアイス味 or vanilla ice cream flavor, perfect for the hot humid Japan summer, despite the fact that they're actually chocolate, not ice cream, right? Inside the plastic package are 4 individually wrapped mini bars, keeping the Japanese penchant for over packaging alive.

I'm a cute mini bar! Don't the ice cube visuals cool you down and make you think ice cream?

In the heat, we melt just like ice cream!

As you can see from the photo above, despite the fact that you think this is a good summer snack, it's not. Japanese summers are ridiculously hot unless you're in Hokkaido (and maybe it's ridiculously hot even there, I don't know, never been there) and chocolate melts. Sorry to Kirsten who requested pictures of the cross section of kitkat's from now on. I tried to take one, but it didn't look like anything. It's a light tan wafer with white chocolate frosting. Very white, with little definition.

As for taste, I find these pretty disgusting actually. I'm sad, because I had high hopes as I love ice cream and kitkats. Maybe someone who actually likes white chocolate would like them more. They're super soft, though that may be the summer heat, and kind of taste like vanilla ice cream that has been left in a bowl and melted hours ago, that you dipped a thin wafer cookie into. It's not a strong vanilla flavor at all, and for some reason it makes me think of cream cheese. I don't like cream cheese, so I don't really eat it, so I'm not sure how close the tastes are, but that's what comes to mind when I eat vanilla ice kitkats. I will definitely not be eating these again. I need to find someone to take the 2 in the package I didn't eat for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment